Bone and Joint Specialists Orthopedic Surgeons
Offering the latest orthopedic surgical advances
Bone and Joint Specialists deliver world-class orthopedic care and are dedicated to helping Michigan residents overcome their joint pain and get back to a healthier lifestyle. Our board-certified orthopedic physicians are experts in their specialty areas and provide the latest technology for shoulder, knee and hip problems. Bone and Joint Specialists are dedicated to providing individual attention and developing personalized plans to fit each patient.
Dr. Richard Bartholomew
Dr. Richard Bartholomew is pleased to offer the new “Custom Shoulder Replacement.” He is among the first in the U.S. and the first in Michigan to offer this exciting new technology! Dr. Bartholomew also performs a new and exciting shoulder replacement technique called the Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty. Dr. Richard Bartholomew is an expert on shoulder and knee reconstruction, including minimally invasive procedures, arthroscopic surgery, and joint replacement of the shoulder and knee.
Dr. William Kohen
Dr. William Kohen has particular expertise in reconstructive surgery of the hip, knee, and shoulder; including minimally invasive surgery, arthroscopy, and joint replacement of the knee, hip, and shoulder. Dr. Kohen also offers Hip Resurfacing. A less invasive procedure for hip replacement.
Dr. Philip Schmitt
Dr. Philip Schmitt is currently the third busiest surgeon for Hip Resurfacing in the country. He has years of experience in Joint Replacement of the hip and knee; including minimally invasive surgery, MAKOplasty® Knee, and arthroscopy of the knee and hip. Dr. Schmitt also offers the minimally invasive Birmingham Hip Resurfacing.
Our Latest Procedures
- Learn about Rotator Cuff Tears with our shoulder specialist, Dr. Bartholomew
- Custom Fit Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty Dr. Bartholomew is among the first physicians in the United States to perform this procedure
- BJS Signature Knee Replacement A custom fit knee replacement designed specifically for each patient
- Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty Dr. Bartholomew announces a new procedure for shoulder arthritis
- Hip Resurfacing A recently FDA approved procedure instead of traditional Total Hip Arthroplasty